Thursday, August 17, 2006

Royal

I have good news and good news.

Good news first: My big hands held up, I won some money and then called it an early night. The only downside is that I don't have anything interesting to write.

But winning rules. Just not very compelling for ye olde blog.

I meant to write about implied odds, but again, I don't have anything constructive to say. I don't even know how to really calculate them, other than by coming up with very rough estimates. Is there any accurate way to count implied odds besides just making an educated guess? Let me know in comments.

My new computer monitor arrives today! Here it is. I'm really looking forward to getting it because I've needed a screen that can display four Party Poker tables without any overlap for quite some time. After I get this one set up, I will have three monitors and a TV screen all hooked up together. It'll be awesome.

And now for the good news: I hit a Royal Flush and got paid off. Woot!

Party Poker ($6 no limit). Hand converted by Check Raised hand converter



Preflop (10 players): Hero is UTG with

HERO raises $20.00.

3 folds.

MP3 calls ($20.00).

LP calls ($20.00).

4 folds.



Flop (11.5 bets ($69) in pot, 3 players):



HERO bets $45.00.

MP3 calls ($45.00).

LP folds.



Turn (26.5 bets ($159) in pot, 2 players):



HERO bets $85.00.

MP3 calls ($85.00).



River (54.83 bets ($329) in pot, 2 players):



HERO bets $100.00.

MP3 calls ($100.00).



Summary:





MP3 has a pair of Kings [ ]



HERO has Straight Flush, Ace high [ ] and won $525.50 (43.79bb)




That's all I've got. May your luck be as good as mine.

No comments: