Friday, April 07, 2006

WSEX

Rakefree!!!

I didn't hear about this until today, but apparently this offer started Monday.

This is big news. Rakefree is something that poker players have dreamed of since online poker was born.

Do you have any idea how much money you pay every month in rake? I often top $2,000 a month in rake. That's a LOT of money that I could be getting back.

I've downloaded the WSEX software, and I'll begin playing on it tonight. I'll report back on how it goes.

A couple of notes just based on what I've seen so far:

_There aren't many players or games, but I'm sure that will change once word of this deal gets around. Right now, at 5:15 p.m. Eastern, there are 1,160 players.

_WSEX doesn't work with PokerTracker yet, but I know several people are working to fix that issue.

_WSEX still collects rake as you play, but then the site refunds that amount to your account at the end of the week.

A site that offers rakefree poker definitely deserves a good, hard look. We're talking about added profits of 1.5 BB/100 or more.

I think I could just grind and play thoughtless, simple poker, and still make a great earn when I'm getting so much money back.

2 comments:

ScurvyDog said...

There's been lots of scuttlebutt bandied about that WSEX uses bots in their poker room to prop up play. I think somewhere on 2+2 there's a fairly long thread on it in which people make reasonable (i.e. not your normal crackpot "poker is rigged, der" sort of statements) arguments that WSEX may use bots.

Pure conjecture, but keep an eye open. It's not even necessarily a bad thing, playing with mindless aggressive bot opponents, but something to keep in mind.

kurokitty said...

that's weird. i wonder if the spam bots have cracked the blogger word verification system