Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Post-Vegas tilt

Sure, you got drunk. That's the best excuse in the world for losing. No trouble losing when you got a good excuse. And winning! That can be heavy on your back too. Like a monkey. You drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. It's one of the best indoor sports: feeling sorry for yourself -- a sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.
"The Hustler"


Gah, teh Internet poker is getting its revenge!

Oh, how quickly I forget the differences between Vegas and the pixelated land of fast action and bad beats, where the average level of play is a little higher and the term "tourist" is more derogatory than factual.

The first two days back have been atrocious, where I've quickly erased all my Vegas winnings and then some.

Unfortunately, I have no one but myself to blame. I jumped into a 15/30 6-max game on Monday, reasoning that if I just single-tabled with some fish I'd be fine. And while that logic isn't completely off, it neglects the idea that I should be playing my best game, which is no limit (at least for now).

Then on Tuesday, I played some serious donkey poker at the NL tables where I was a bit too aggressive and a little tilty. I took a break, came back, hit a set, and lost to the nut flush. That was enough for me.

So ... nothing's new under the sun. There are ups and downs, and I hope I'm getting better at avoiding the downs. Although after these last couple of days, I begin to wonder if maybe I'm destined to tilt every once in a while, thus erasing the steps forward I thought I had been making.

But that's just negativity talking. Shit happens, but it usually doesn't last long. The main thing is that I stopped playing when I realized I wasn't at my best.

Hell, it's a two-day losing streak. I shouldn't even be complaining after how good I ran through all of June and the beginning of this month.

Note to self: quit bitching and just play gut.

1 comment:

mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out to The Mookie last night. Have some friends in Hawaii right now, whats the poker scene there (if any) ?