Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I had it coming

Veneno had no trouble dispatching with this lowly poker gnome in or best-of-three heads-up battle.

For the most part, I got in with the worst of it and came out with the worst of it. Wasn't I supposed to suck out?

In the first match, I got her at a disadvantage and pushed her short stack all-in with T8s vs. KJ (I think). I hit a T on the flop, but then she hit her open-ended straight draw on the river. After that, I waited far too long to push in again and eventually had to push with any two. That didn't work well.

I got some revenge in the second game when Veneno tried to resteal preflop by pushing with 43s. Fortunately, I had TT. I think she may have just wanted to give me a false sense of security.

The third game was pretty one-sided. Veneno was able to stay aggressive and push me around until I pushed a one-card straight draw. She also had the same draw but with a better kicker, and that's all she wrote.

I made a few mistakes. The main error was that I was both careful and aggressive at the wrong times. At the early levels, I should have taken my time a little bit more and waited for the cards. Then I would have liked to have shifted gears with big bets. Instead, I played tight-weak. That's no way to win, especially heads-up.

It was definitely fun. I'll get her next time!

2 comments:

alan said...

I wonder how long before all the poker blogs I have in bloglines have "Veneno" in the title.

Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

It was fun Mark!

That title looks sooooooooo goood!!!

Oh Alan..what a wonderful thought!