Friday, June 23, 2006

Mahalo

I'm so thankful for all the fish.

The poker boom is still going on, and who knows when it will end. I'm damn lucky that the Internet and poker came together at a time in my life where I'm able to take full advantage of it.

I haven't been playing online poker long -- only a little over two years -- but the games are still almost as good as I thought they were when I first started. It's easy to find donkeys. Fish litter the tables. There's dead money everywhere.

I can pull up a random 2/4 no limit table and have a better-than-even-chance that the first seat I sit in, I'll have some gamblers to my right who are dying to share their stacks.

I'm not a great player. But I'm convinced that a tight, aggressive player who has the ability to lay down hands when he knows he's beat can make a good earn. Rakeback and an endless stream of poker and blackjack bonuses keep padding the bankroll to the tune of hundreds of dollars a month.

I know this won't last forever. Hell, Congress could vote to make Internet poker illegal, and I don't know what we'd do then. I guess we'd be shit out of luck.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe it will last a long time.

1 comment:

TripJax said...

There's always hope...it is a big pond so I think we will be just fine for quite a while...