Saturday, June 24, 2006

Aloha from the Hustler!

I got in to Cali this morning and had a couple of hours to kill, so I knew I had to hit a card room while I had the chance.

I sat in at a 2/5 no limit game at the Hustler, which I don't like quite as much as the Commerce, but it's still decent. The game was filled with loose-passive players who limped into a lot of pots and avoided confrontations -- my favorite kind of table.

I won an early hand with Aces, then lost a pot when I bet with pocket 88 on a raggy looking board.

Later, I called a short stack who pushed all in with an A on the board when I had AK, but unfortunately he hit his Q on the turn for two pair, KQ. Then I got close to even by bluffing with a suited hammer.

This guy who looked like an exhausted biker was getting killed directly to my right. He kept whining about how his Aces and Kings never held up, but I didn't once see him raise during the whole session.

In one hand, I limped in a multiway pot with ATs. I picked up two of my suit on a paired flop, called a min bet, and then hit an Ace on the turn. The river gave me the A-high flush, and I made some money from a guy who made his straight and another guy who called my large bet but didn't show what he had.

The whiny biker had KK again.

I was up $207 after two hours, so that was a good start to my yearly baseball trip!

I'll see a Dodgers game today, a Padres game tomorrow and an Angels game on Monday with a couple of friends and select poker bloggers. I'll be sure to post photos later on!

No comments: