Thursday, February 02, 2006

I can dodge bullets, baby

Nah, I can't dodge bullets. I've been getting my ass kicked over the last couple of days, actually. But it's fun to say.

I was close to having the bankroll I'd need to move up to $10/$20 6-max games, but then I hit a very quick -- but quite steep -- slide. That's OK. It's the nature of the game to have big ups and downs. Fortunately, poker is a game played in the long term, and I've been through enough hills and valleys to know that the ol' bankroll will keep moving up.

I don't really have much else to say about poker. I'm feeling good.

I get to fly over to the Big Island on Friday, which will be a lot of fun. I've been looking forward to seeing the other islands of this amazing state, and the island of Hawaii seems like it has a lot to off. I'll be on the west side of the island near Kona, so I won't get to see Hilo.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to Hilo in a couple of weeks to see some of the new museums that are opening. An astronomy museum opens on the 23rd, and the Bishop Museum is only a few months old.

What's cool is that the astronomy museum will show off some of the research of the Hawaii's telescopes, which are some of the most powerful in the world. They say that these telescopes -- along with the ones in Chile -- rival the Hubble telescope.

And of course, there are volcanoes. That should be awesome. I'll be sure to bring my camera.

1 comment:

kurokitty said...

bring a rainjacket! Hilo side is one of the rainiest places on the planet!