Monday, April 09, 2007

Limit is exciting!

I can't resist getting my limit hold 'em fix every once in a while. It's such an interesting game to me, and I love all the action.

People say that all the action is in no limit, but there are so many more bets and raises on multiple streets in limit. The 6-max games play crazy these days, and there's a fine line between strong loose-aggressive opponents and those who simply spew.

I played this hand last night at a table with an average VP$IP over 40 percent. You can't fold too many decent hands against opponents like this -- you just need to hold on for dear life.

FullTiltPoker Game #2170998384: Table Pioche (6 max) - $30/$60 - Limit Hold'em
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac As]
UTG raises to $60
Hero raises to $90
Button calls $90
SB calls $75
BB calls $60
UTG raises to $120 (I figure he he has a hand between QQ and AA, but I saw them do this with 99 and hit a set earlier)
Hero calls $30
Button calls $30
SB calls $30
BB calls $30
*** FLOP *** [7d 3s 8c]
SB checks
BB checks
UTG bets $30
Hero calls $30 (I'm not sure about this play. I figure it's impossible to protect my hand in this large pot, so I plan on raising the turn when UTG bets into me again)
Button calls $30
SB calls $30
BB calls $30
*** TURN *** [7d 3s 8c] [Jh]
SB checks
BB checks
UTG bets $60
Hero raises to $120
Button calls $120
SB calls $120
BB calls $120
UTG raises to $180 (OK, I got tons of action, but now I'm worried about a set of J)
Hero calls $60 (I don't see much value in 4-betting the turn. Maybe I'm wrong in a game this wild)
Button calls $60
SB calls $60
BB calls $60
*** RIVER *** [7d 3s 8c Jh] [2s]
SB checks
BB checks
UTG bets $60
Hero calls $60 (I guess I'm beat?)
Button folds
SB folds
BB folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
UTG shows [Kc Kh] (a pair of Kings)
Hero wins the pot ($1,767) with a pair of Aces

No comments: