Thursday, October 05, 2006

Life

I played poker tonight! w00t.

A couple of friends and I were going to watch the Tigers-Yankees game (go Tigers!), but it got rained out. So we played a three-player tourney for a $30 pot. These guys didn't really know what they were doing, and I was able to take down the prize pretty easily.

I'm not even going to record the win on my poker spreadsheet.

It's amazing how much time I have on my hands now that I'm not spending two hours a day playing. I hate it.

Any time I buy something, I can't think of it in terms of big bets. When I shop, I can't tell myself I'll make back that money later. Any spending is straight out of my paycheck now. My secondary income source disappeared.

My plan is to sit on my bankroll for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Hopefully Full Tilt won't budge and Neteller will grow a pair. But if things go bad in the online poker world, I need to figure out how I'm going to invest it. Maybe the stock market.

Let's see some links on the gloomy state of the poker world:

_FAQ regarding the internet gambling legislation
_New anti-gambling law won't stop online bettors
_Follow the Money

In poker's absence, I did a deep cleaning of the apartment.

I decided I hated the carpet covering my hardwood floor, so I trashed it. Then I cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and living room like mad.

Ex-citing.

No comments: