Monday, June 18, 2007

Break Time

The last thing I want to do when running bad is take a break.

But it's the right thing to do. Even though I still feel like I'm playing well, I'm too easily tilted right now.

I like to think I've gotten better at handling downswings, but it's hard to lose 20 5/10 buyins over six weeks, most of them due to bad beats that I won't recount here. Before this, I had never lost more than 10 buy-ins in a row in no limit play.

Once again, I'm thankful for the cushion of my bankroll.

Bleh. Stupid poker.

3 comments:

Gaines Kergosien said...

I'm sure your social life will appreciate the break from poker. :)

Personally, I've found that the best way to get away from the edge and avoid tilting/bad play is to reflect on where I was in life when I played my best and put myself back there mentally.

You've had some nice runs so I'm sure it wont be that hard for you to find your sweet spot again.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I had no idea you had been running so bad lately man. I will be interested to hear over time if you come to think you should have or could have played certain hands in different ways or approached the game in general from a somewhat different perspective during this run.

I took some unbelievable lumps this weekend myself, but at this point I'm left thinking it was just a horrible span of variance and not any bad plays I made. I mean how do I not get stacked in a set over set confrontation on an uncoordinated, unsuited flop with an Ace, right?

Rod said...

It's a stupid game when you are having a tough run!!

It'll come back.