Friday, January 05, 2007

Goals 07: 100K and beyond!

My broad goals for 2007 are simple: keep playing NL cash games, keep moving up in limits and make bundles of cash.

Now that I've been playing the 5/10 NL game for a few months with great success, I'm preparing for the next step.

Here's how I hope the next few months play out:

Once my bankroll reaches 30 buy-ins for 10/20 NL, I will give that game a shot. I expect to get to this threshold by the end of this January, barring a losing streak.

Shortly afterward, I should be within reach of a milestone that I have long wanted to surpass: $100,000 in career poker earnings. If my winrate remains steady, I'll pass $100 K by the end of March, which would be really awesome.

Then comes a vacation. Phil Gordon always said that you should get out of town when you reach the $100 K benchmark, and I plan on doing just that. It won't be a poker trip, because this will be time off from the long and steady grind of daily games. I don't know where I'll end up traveling yet, but I'll feel like the break will have been well-deserved. It'll be nice.

After that, unless I start sucking or hit a bad run of cards, I'll just keep moving up to higher stakes until I find a limit that either I can't beat or am not comfortable with. As long as I have the bankroll and continue to win, I don't see any reason not to move to bigger games: 15/30, and 25/50. Before long, maybe I'll get a shot at Mike Matasow's tilt money.

Where does it all end? That's a bigger question that I'll answer if I in fact do succeed at these limits. They're certainly not far away.

3 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Kudos. But $10/20NL is a tough fawking game man. It ain't $5/10 that's for sure. I dusted off 6 buy-ins at $10/20 and 2 buy-ins at $15/30 before parking my ass back in the 2/4 - 5/10 realm. I "think" I was running bad but I may have just be outplayed. It seems like I was forever being raised off hands. Certainly at a rate you dont see at lower levels.

Guin said...

Hey can you let me know your cardrunners username so I can give you credit for the referral... been deciding what site I wanted to use but your turnaround is what i am looking for.

kurokitty said...

His username is smizmiatch, he got a referral when I signed up...

Btw, doesn't Gordon mean a vacation at $100K bankroll?? Either way, if you're making serious ducks, you should be looking into Hawaii real estate. That's the rakeback that goes on forever...