Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Peanut!



Poncey is pleased.

I'm again wondering whether I should just 10 table no limit games all the time. It took me slightly more than two hours to clear the recent $100 MAY06RELOAD20 bonus on Party Poker by 10-tabling .50/1 no limit games.

After two hours, my total profits were nearly $500. I know I couldn't win at that rate every day, but I think I could win a lot just playing rote, basic, boring, conservative, rockish hold 'em. And it's easier in these full ring games (compared to shorthanded games) to tell when you're likely beaten. Your opponents' hand ranges are narrower.

I still want to play higher-level limit games, but lower-level no limit games are still my bread and butter. They're just so soft if you know the basics: continuation bet, fold to aggression most of the time, wait for the near nuts, push strong draws on the flop, check-raise when you can, check-fold the vast majority of the time and don't get fancy.

My plan is to continue playing no limit games to work off the plentiful bonuses I still have to clear, and I'll hit up the limit tables when I'm in the right mindset.

Speaking of bonuses, I saw this 2+2 thread about new cashable blackjack whoring opportunities. I'll definitely have to investigate further.



In other news, I booked my summer flight to Vegas today! I'll get into town around 8 a.m. Friday, July 7 and I'll leave the evening of Sunday, July 9. It's a shorter trip than I would like, but I found a reasonable plane fare and I'll only have to use one of my extremely limited vacation days. I'm siked. My bankroll should be above $12,000 by then, which will give me license to play any limit up to $20/$40. Sweet.

A couple of weeks before then, I'm going on my yearly baseball trip. This year will be a lot of fun, with six teams and three stadiums over three days. I'll hit the Dodgers game in L.A. on Saturday, June 24, with several friends including metsfan, nickerson, JoeSpeaker and his son (tentative). Then it's off to San Diego on Sunday and back to L.A. for the Angels game Monday.

My family finished their visit last night, so it's back to normal life for me. Having family in town is great, but it's kind of tiring to entertain them all the time.

And finally, if you like the TV show "Deadwood," you can try to help save it because it's likely to be canceled after this season, which starts June 11.

6 comments:

CC said...

I just want to know how you taught your cat to ten-table. I was ready to kill my wife's cat for peeing on the basement carpet daily for the last year, but if she can learn to multi-table, maybe she can pay for the carpet and earn a reprieve.

kurokitty said...

Yay! Cat pics. CC, all cats know how to multitable. They just don't tell you.

thecaffiend said...

July Vegas...SWEET! Holding my breath to see if you could make it. I'm booking from Brandie and I tomorrow. You have a room, or you wanna split?

Rory Cartwright said...

I knew my cat was playing while I was asleep...lol nice blog.

gl

kurokitty said...

Vic, first you have to get a poker cat.

As I've said before, that cat is ten times more cute than that rat on Sound of a Suckout.

deliverator said...

"Cocksucker" likes to sit on my shoulder while I read blogs.