Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Parts of my game that suck

1. I can't tell if I'm playing my best game until after I've made some mistakes.

2. I'm willing to go all in with a wide range of hands against a short stack if I think I might bust them. I think Gary Carter said that was neurotic behavior once.

3. I'm predictable,

4. I can't stop myself from betting out on the following street if I got the last bet in on the previous street in a limit game.

5. I don't know what game is my best game.

6. I make obvious mistakes sometimes.

7. If I lead out the flop but check the turn, it means I don't have anything.

8. I hate fish when I should love them.

9. I'd rather defend my play than listen to why it's wrong.

10. I'm pretty bad at tournaments.

11. I feel like I'm entitled to win.

12. I have a low tolerance for losses.

13. I keep playing right after work and in mornings, but I should know better because it takes me a while to wake up.

14. I'm easily distracted by IM, and it makes my game worse.

15. I tell myself that more tables equals higher profits.

16. Like Webb, I don't have the nut.

17. I bluff at the wrong times.

18. I keep letting the cat play. Bad idea.

19. I don't respect other players.

20. I don't know whether I'm trusting my judgment too much or too little.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but 20 is enough for now. (And no, I'm not on a downswing -- I just want to do better.)

2 comments:

deliverator said...

Loki sez "Miaow" (translation "let the cat play") and how could you question that?

kurokitty said...

Loki, "the 'lil Cocksucker'" is still a n00b. And his master doesn't play online. LOL