Thursday, October 19, 2006

Welcome to the jungle

Check out these bloggers who are new to my blogroll! (Sorry I didn't add you guys sooner).

Chipper's Poker World
Creativity breeds Madness
Drawing Dead
Poking and Peaking
slb159 poker

---

Neteller indicates it may pull out of the U.S. market. Bill Rini gives his expert analysis.

Clearly this isn't good news, but I don't think there's reason to panic. The anti-gambling law still doesn't prohibit playing poker, my money is safe, and I'm convinced another site similar to Neteller will rise to prominence.

Of course Internet poker is taking a hit from this, but somehow it has never been more profitable for me. The games are still plenty fishy.

---

I had been using Site Meter to track content on this blog, but I recently switched over to Google Analytics. The reason? I wanted to find out what keywords people were using in Google to arrive here.

So far, I've only come back with three hits:

1) poker ace hud for full tilt poker
2) ptbb bb/100 means
3) money transfer mediums to poker stars

Not very compelling.

Fortunately, I've got some top search words right here, stolen directly from the Yahoo! Buzz Index.


1 Fear Of Halloween
2 Second Life
3 Department Of Energy
4 Steve Wynn
5 Heather Mills
6 Hubble Space Telescope
7 Environmental Protection Agency
8 Battle Of Thermopylae
9 Dionne Warwick
10 Michelle Williams

One thing was consistent between both Site Meter and Google Analytics. Visitors to this blog were equally likely to be using Firefox as they were Internet Explorer. By comparison, Firefox (which is great) only holds about 10 percent of the overall market share.

Greetings, geeks!

---

Future strategy post ideas:

_Deception vs. defining your hand
_How much should you loosen up in 6-max no limit hold em games compared to full ring?
_When should you continuation bet, and when should you wait for a turn steal?

No comments: