Friday, June 12, 2009

See the ball, hit the ball, Meat

A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while. --Bull Durham

It never ceases to amaze me how, after taking just one day off from the game, everything seems so simple when I come back.

Bad plays become obvious in retrospect:

What was I doing 3-betting A4 from the big blind, even against an aggressive button stealer? Why was I squeezing so much? When did I decide playing Ace-rag in position wasn't that bad?

Many of these errors are a result of attempts to loosen up my game, defend my blinds more and become more LAGgy. Most of them didn't directly result in large monetary losses.

But they did add up. More than that, they distracted me and put me on tilt. Which blows, because the best solution to tilt is to stop playing, and that's hard to do when I'm stuck.

One hand at a time.

No comments: