Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm Off!

I'm playing $5/$10 shorthanded on Party at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport as I wait for my plane flight to leave for Honolulu. The airport charges $7.95 for a 24-hour wireless pass, which is a ripoff. Most people would only use it for an hour or two while they wait for their plane.

But whatever. It's worth it to be able to play poker in the meantime. This laptop is so cool.

After this, the next time I log on to a poker site I will be a resident of Hawaii. I can't wait. The direct flight on Delta is nearly 10 hours long, but because of the five-hour time difference it will still be daylight outside. I leave at noon Atlanta time and get to Honolulu at about 5 p.m.

Then I have Wednesday to try and get myself a little bit organized before starting work on Thursday. I'm ready to go. I never thought I'd be this ready to start a real job, but I'm really looking forward to getting up in the mornings and being productive. I think I must have gone crazy.

It will be fun though. The job sounds great, and everything I hear about the city is positive. Wish me luck!

No comments: